Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working (Solved)
Resolve Start Menu Or Taskbar Not Working In Windows 10: has progressed significantly since it was first dispatched in 2015. Each update brings a lot of new highlights, and Microsoft has accepted the open-source local area in a manner that was once thought unimaginable. All things considered, as with any working framework, there are bugs. What’s more, one of the more normal bugs individuals running Windows 10 have confronted is that the Start Menu abruptly quits working.
Now and then the open Start Menu freezes up and is lethargic, and on different occasions, it will not open at all when you click the Start Menu button. Whatever particular issue you’re having with the Windows 10 Start Menu, we’ll go over some fast and not so convenient solutions in this article.
Step by step instructions to restart Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer, which is currently called File Explorer, is the application you use to peruse your document framework and open projects and records. However, it likewise controls things like the Start Menu, the taskbar, and different applications.
- On the off chance that you disapprove of the Start Menu, the primary thing you can attempt to do is restart the “Windows Explorer” measure in the Task Manager.
- To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, at that point click the “Assignment Manager” button.
- Snap “More subtleties” to see a full rundown of open projects and foundation measures you’re running:
- Look through the rundown until you discover the “Windows Explorer” measure. At that point right snap-on “Windows Explorer” and select “Restart”.
- There will be a short blaze while Windows restarts Windows Explorer/Finder, alongside the taskbar and Start Menu.
- From that point forward, attempt to open the Start Menu. On the off chance that it’s as yet not working regularly, attempt one of the other fixes underneath.
The most effective method to fix bad or missing Windows framework records
In some cases, an update goes amiss, or you inadvertently erased a significant document while burrowing around the filesystem.
- In the event that the Start Menu is as yet giving you inconvenience or other center, Windows applications are slamming, at that point you can attempt to reestablish any absent or degenerate Windows framework records.
- To do this, you’ll need to open the Windows Command Prompt as a manager and run the System File Checker program.
- When you open Command Prompt as a manager, run the order SFC/scannow:
- Framework File Checker will begin going through the entirety of your framework documents and supplant any bad or missing records with a reserved duplicate.
- This cycle can take a short time, so don’t hesitate to accomplish something different for 5-10 minutes. Simply be mindful so as not to close the window while SFC is doing its thing.
- When System File Checker is done, you’ll either see a report of the multitude of documents it supplanted or if all was well, you’ll see a message this way:
- In the event that System File Checker supplanted any bad or missing framework documents, save the entirety of your open work and restart your PC. When you log back in, attempt to open the Start Menu to check whether that fixed your issues.
Note: You could likewise utilize Powershell to run the SFC/scannow order, yet recall that you’ll have to open a raised Powershell terminal.
The most effective method to reset the Start Menu with default Windows 10 applications
The following thing you can attempt is to reset the Start Menu altogether, along with will every one of the Windows 10 applications that were preinstalled or introduced from the Microsoft Store.
- To do this, you’ll need to open PowerShell as a manager – Command Prompt will not work for the order you’ll run.
- There are numerous approaches to open PowerShell, however probably the quickest way is to utilize the Run program.
- Utilize the alternate route Windows Key + R to open the Run program, enter “PowerShell”, at that point click the “Alright” button:
- This should open up a PowerShell terminal with regulatory advantages.
- In the PowerShell terminal, run the accompanying order:
- The Get-AppXPackage order will endeavor to reinstall all the default Windows applications, including the Start Menu and search bar.
- It will likewise enroll a show record for each program it reinstalls. You don’t have to stress over the show documents, however – it’s simply something Windows needs to run each program.
- Give it 5-10 minutes, and ensure you don’t close the PowerShell window until it’s done.
Note: You may see some alarming gazing blunders pop upward as the Get-AppXPackage order is running. Try not to stress over the – most are only admonitions regarding why a program can’t be reinstalled: At the point when the Get-AppXPackage order is done, restart your PC, sign in, and attempt to open the Start Menu.
The most effective method to reset your Windows 10 establishment
- On the off chance that nothing, unless there are other options techniques, fixed the Start Menu, the exact opposite thing you can attempt is to do a processing plant reset of your Windows 10 establishment. In any case, remember that this is a “nearly singed earth” strategy, and should just be utilized if all else fails.
- Resetting your Windows 10 establishment should keep the entirety of your own records unblemished (archives, pictures, recordings, etc), however will uninstall the wide range of various drivers and projects you’ve introduced. Essentially this resets your PC to the state it was in when you previously turned it on.
- Prior to going any further, make reinforcements of all your significant records utilizing a blaze drive, outside HDD/SSD, as well as an online document have like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Indeed, make two reinforcements. You presumably will not need them, however it doesn’t do any harm.
- At the point when you’ve wrapped sponsorship up the entirety of your records, open a PowerShell terminal – utilize the easy route Windows Key + R, enter “PowerShell”, at that point click the “Alright” button.
- In the PowerShell terminal, run the order system reset to raise the Windows to reset wizard.
- Then, click the “Keep my records” button:
- Stand by a second while the wizard investigates your framework. At that point, you’ll see a rundown of the multitude of projects that will be removed: Click the “Following” button and adhere to the directions to reset your Windows 10 establishment.
- Whenever you’re done resetting Windows and making another client, the Start Menu ought to be working once more.
“Cortana, open the Start Menu”
So those are generally the approaches to fix the Windows 10 Start Menu, recorded from most straightforward to hardest.
Read Our Latest Post:- Best Free Video Player For Windows 10 Latest Edition (2021)